IDF World Dairy Summit 2017 Poster Submission
Deadline to submit summaries is extended to Monday 31st July 2017
Poster submitters will be contacted by the end of August with notification of acceptance to present at the Summit
Call for Poster Summary:
The IDF invites scientists to report their findings at the World Dairy Summit in Belfast 29th October – 3rd November, 2017. Posters are an integral part of the IDF WDS 2017 program. The exchange of ideas and information across our international community is hugely important in helping the dairy industry adapt and remain dynamic in today’s ever changing world.
Poster Submission Guidelines:
The submission process for IDF WDS 2017 will be through an online submission portal. Submitters are requested to create an account and submit a summary for review according to the guidelines set out on this page.
Opening of submission: 31 March 2017
Closing date for submission: 31 July 2017
Notification of acceptance: 21 August 2017
Deadline for Early Registration: 4 September 2017 (this extension is only available to successful posters only – the general early registration is 30 June 2017)
Conference dates: 29 October – 3 November 2017
The poster themes for the 2017 World Dairy Summit are outlined below:
- Environmental Sustainability
- Food Safety
- Risk Management
Poster Submission Guidelines and Template
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing a summary for IDF WDS 2017. Submissions not formatted to the following standards will not be accepted.
The system will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the summary (word limit is 15)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of lead and corresponding author
- Name, affiliation, and emails of co-author(s)
- Indicate the presenting author
- Summary text must not exceed 300 words. Please check your summary carefully; it will be published as submitted
- The format of the summary must include: Introduction, Aim, Methods, Results and Conclusion
- Only WORD files will be accepted.
Poster Presentation Guidelines:
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference and inclusion on the conference app. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 (portrait orientation)
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Use the push pins provided to affix your poster to the display board
- Make it colourful
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the author(s). Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of by meeting staff
The conference app will include both your written summary and a copy of your poster. When you produce the artwork for the poster that you will display, can you please send a PDF copy to email@example.com so that it can be included in the app. Please note that any posters submitted after Thursday 12 October are not guaranteed to be included on the app.
How to Submit a Summary
The presenting author must create an online account. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into the IDF WDS 2017 submission and registration portals. You can then add your contact details and submit your summary in the ‘Summary Submissions’ section of the system.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission. Submitted summaries can be edited up until the submission deadline. Once the submission deadline has passed a draft submission cannot be submitted or a submitted summary cannot be edited.
Please submit a summary by the extended deadline of 31 July 2017. Please follow the instructions carefully and choose an appropriate theme.
Please see the summary template above provided to view the required formatting.
The IDF World Dairy Summit Programme Committee will review your poster summary to determine its inclusion in the scientific program. Notification will be sent to all submitters with a decision on acceptance to the program no later than 21 August 2017. If you are selected to present your poster at IDF WDS 2017, you will be required to register to attend the Conference. Registration rates and instructions will be available in due course.
Terms and Conditions
- The summary submitted adheres to the submission guidelines outlined above
- The text of the summary along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website and summary book, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- This summary has only been submitted once for IDF WDS 2017
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the summary. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors.
- The summary submitted is in English.
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the conference between 29th October – 3rd November.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact IDFWDS2017@conferencepartners.com
Once submitted successfully you will receive a confirmation email.